Friday, April 22, 2011

The Need For Story

“Tell me a story.
In this century, and moment, of mania,
Tell me a story.
Make it a story of great distances, and starlight.
The name of the story will be Time,
But you must not pronounce its name."
Tell me a story of deep delight.

- From “Tell Me a Story” by Robert Penn Warren

Sad is the Man (M.A. Reilly, April, 2011)

Tell Me a Story (M.A. Reilly, April, 2011)

The Problem with Words (M.A. Reilly, April, 2011)

Where No One Speaks English (M.A. Reilly, April, 2011)

Dreaming of Kurt Schwitters (M.A. Reilly, April, 2011)


  1. i love this Mary Ann. imagine a space surrounded by these images... this message... this request...

  2. Yes, a space I can imagine. Just read your poem posted @budtheteacher's photo-poem prompt.

    Image often demands like expression.

    I am working on submitting a few images for a book that will be a collaboration between image and writer, At the Water's Edge.

    I will find the call for submission and send you the link. I thought it might interest you.
    Glad the work resonated.