|from The Atlantic|
Below are links to essays from popular contemporary magazines . These essays have been composed with counterclaims.
- From The Atlantic 4.1.16 Study: How Much of an Environmental Threat Is Ocean Garbage ... Apr 1, 2016 ... A new paper sifts through past research on marine debris to assess the true extent of the environmental threat.
- From The Atlantic 6.15.15 Do Teenagers Still Believe in the American Dream? Jun 15, 2015 ... Compared to their counterparts in recent years, high-school seniors in the mid- 1990s appeared to have more faith in social mobility and less ...
- From The Atlantic 8.25.14 Students Aren't Getting Enough Sleep—School Starts Too Early ... Aug 25, 2014 ... A new report from the American Academy of Pediatrics says delaying the day may help teens get more rest.
- From Forbes, 12.16.16: Does Putin Not Understand That Trump Not Clinton Threatens His Petrostate? Paul Roderick Gregory Paul Roderick Gregory, Contributor What we do know is that Clinton lost and Trump won. We do not know what was going on inside Putin’s head. If Putin’s emotional demon dominated, he would be happy when Hillary lost. If his rational-choice side prevailed, he would be unhappy with Trump’s victory.
- From Forbes, 12.15.16 No, The EPA Has Not Actually Changed Its Conclusion On Risks Of Fracking To Drinking Water
- From The Nation, 10.18.16 The Debate Over Syria Has Reached a Dead End Two warring narratives now dominate discussions—and neither is sufficient. BASSAM HADDAD
- From Newsweek 8.8.16 IS TRUMP A DUNCE? OR AN IGNORAMUS? AND DOES IT MATTER? BY MICHAEL C. DORF ON 8/8/16 AT 9:10 AM
- From Salon 4.7.16 “Religious freedom? This is just discrimination”: Outraged Trevor ... Apr 7, 2016 ... “Daily Show” host Trevor Noah last night tackled so-called “religious freedom” bills, making headlines most recently in Mississippi, and which ...
- from Salon 2.8.15 America's hip-hop travesty: How rap lyrics are being used in court to police Black talk Feb 8, 2015 ... A New York Times columnist mocks the dead. Movies do the same. But when rap lyrics do it? Here's what happens.
- From Time Magazine 3.6.15 States Battle Over Bathroom Access for Transgender People Katy Steinmetz @katysteinmetz March 6, 2015 Legislatures across the country are fighting over issues related to gender identity and sexual orientation
- From Time Magazine 11.24.15 Ferguson: In Defense of Rioting | TIME Nov 25, 2014 ... The violent protests in Ferguson, Mo., are part of the American experience. Peaceful protesting is a luxury only available to those safely in ...
- from Time Magazine 7.8.13 Violent Video Games Don't Make Us Less Caring | TIME.com
- Jul 8, 2013 ... Do violent video games make people more callous and less likely to help others? The latest study suggests not— but it likely won't be the last ...
- From Time Magazine 12.21.12 School Shootings: Arming Teachers Isn't the Answer | TIME.com Dec 21, 2012 ... The tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School has led to a national conversation about guns, with many arguing that access to these weapons ...
- From Time Magazine 6.6.12 Claim and Counterclaim: Who Is Bombing Damascus? By Rania Abouzeid / Beirut Friday, Jan. 06, 2012
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.