|from Rosa, illustrated by Bryan Collier|
- Adler, David. A. (1995). A Picture Book of Rosa Parks. Illustrated by Robert Casilla. New York: Holiday House.
- Giovanni, Nikki. (2007). Rosa. Illustrated by Bryan Collier. New York: Square Fish.
- Kittinger, Jo S. (2010). Rosa's Bus: The Ride to Civil Rights. Illustrated by Steven Walker. Honesdale, PA: Calkins Creek.
- McDonough, Yona Zeldis. (2010). Who Was Rosa Parks? Illustrated by Nancy Harrison and Stephen Marchesi. New York: Grosset & Dunlap.
- Miller, William. (2001). The Bus Ride. Illustrated by John Ward. New York: Lee & Low Books.
- Parks, Rosa & Jim Haskins. (1999). I am Rosa Parks. Illustrated by Wil Clay. New York: Penguin.
- Pingry, Partick A. (2007). The Story of Rosa Parks. Illustrated by Steven Walker. Candy Cane Press. (Board Book)
- Pinkney, Andrea Davis. (2008). Boycott Blues: How Rosa Parks Inspired a Nation. Illustrated by Brian Pinkney. New York: Greenwillow Books.
- Reynold, Aaron. (2013). Back of the Bus. Illustrated by Floyd Cooper. New York: Puffin.
- Ringgold, Faith. (2003). If a Bus Could Talk: The Story of Rosa Parks. New York: Aladdin.
- Ringgold, Faith. (1993). Dinner at Aunt Connie's House. New York: Hyperion.
Books for Middle Readers: Grades 5-8
- Aretha, David. (2014). The Story of Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott in Photographs (Story of the Civil Rights Movement in Photographs). Berkeley Heights, NJ: Enslow Publishers.
- Miller, Connie Colwell. (2006). Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Illustrated by Dan Kalal. Graphic History.
- Nelson, Kadir. (2013). Heart and Soul: The Story of America and African Americans. New York: Harper Collins.
- Parks, Rosa & Jim Haskins. (1999). Rosa Parks: My Story. New York: Puffin.
- Parks, Rosa & Gregory Reed. (1994). Quiet Strength: The Faith, the Hope, and the Heart of a Woman Who Changed a Nation. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.
- Pinkney, Andrea Davis. (2013). "Rosa Parks" (pp. 71-80) in Let it Shine: Stories of Black Freedom Fighters. Illustrated by Stephen Alcorn. New York: HMH Books for Young Readers.
- Reed, Gregory and Rosa Parks. (1997). Dear Mrs. Parks: A Dialogue with Today's Youth. New York: Lee & Low Books.
|from Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott.|
Books for Older Readers: High School and Adults
- Brinkley, Douglas. (2005). Rosa Parks: A Life. New York: Penguin.
- Dove, Rita. (2000). On the Bus with Rosa Parks. New York: W. W. Norton & Company. (Poetry) You can listen to the poem Rosa read by Rita Dove, here.
- Kohl, Herb & Cynthia Stokes Brown. (2007). She Would Not Be Moved: How We Tell the Story of Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott. New York: The New Press.
- Theoharis, Jeanne. (2013). The Rebellious Life of Mrs. Rosa Parks. New York: Beacon Press.