Like oil lamps, we put them out the back —
of our houses, of our minds. We had lights
better than, newer than and then
a time came, this time and now
we need them. Their dread, makeshift example:
they would have thrived on our necessities.
What they survived we could not even live.
By their lights now it is time to
imagine how they stood there, what they stood with,
that their possessions may become our power:
Cardboard. Iron. Their hardships parceled in them.
Patience. Fortitude. Long-suffering
in the bruise-colored dusk of the New World.
And all the old songs. And nothing to lose.
- 2017 Art Journal: A Documented Life
- 2016 Art Journal: A Documented Life
- #100 Day Project Creativity - 2017, Part 1 Days 1- 25
- #100 Day Project Creativity - 2017, Part 2 Days 26-50
- #100 Day Project Creativity -2017, Part 3, Days 51-75
- #100 Day Project Creativity -2017, Part 4, Days 76-100
- Portfolio: Color Images
- Portfolio: Black and White
- Art: Black Lives Matter
- Collage Journal 2014 Part I
- Collage Journal 2014, Part II
- Portfolio: Landscape
- 2015: New Art
- 2014: New Art
- Collage Journal 2012